Friday, April 17th, 2009 | Anything | 2 Comments
With the help of a certain concept artist, work has begun on a simple yet very whacky web-based game that I hope to use in future as a platform for an iPhone application. The game is called Monsta and it’s a strange creature, by any means. Plan is to fuse some simple game mechanics with a dry wit and hope that something comes out of it. I haven’t seen any game like this on the web yet, so it should settle into a nice niche market. Target audience I suspect will be from 16-25.
Thursday, February 19th, 2009 | Anything | 125 Comments
So with my goals set earlier this month, I have done so-so. Some goals are falling behind, others I haven’t been able to get around to, and some I’m getting on top of. So, to recap:
- Get 400-500 pts worth of Uruk-Hai ready for my first LOTR game at the end of February. Play is to be at the Northern Knights games club in Thornleigh. - This isn’t going to happen I don’t think. On the other hand, I’ve been spending a lot of time painting in general, getting a space marine chapter together.
- Finish agro-dive-imports.com.au. This is a client project that’s been going on for some time, it’s time to wrap it up. I got a really good go on this last night, and hope to have most of it completed end of the week, with client feedback and minor style tweaks. This is making good progress, should definitely be finished with minor tweaks this month.
- Get registrations completed on mymodelcase dev site. I am yet to touch on this, but plan to hit it this weekend.
- Find a place to move into with P. This is well on it’s way to success, we’ve been looking and found a few really nice places, fingers crossed!
- Start yoga classes - Unfortunately my surgery has put this off, so am pushing this back to mid-march.
Overall, I’m not too pleased with my efforts, even though it’s quite a bit better than my previous attempts. If I can get ADI done, I will be one happy person!
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 | Anything, Hmmm | 23 Comments
We had a time management seminar today, and what I thought was going to originally be quite boring and bland, surprised me in being fun, informative, humorous, and motivational, though the latter was probably more likely due to the speaker, Guy.
As a result, I’ve decided to write down my goals for the year, and this month. Beyond that, long-term goals will also be added.
So, for my yearly goals:
- Get battlerig.net to a point where players can actually play the game.
- Complete mymodelcase.com. I really love working on this project, there is absolutely no reason I can’t finish it.
- Begin playing in tournaments for LOTR (The lord of the rings tabletop game)
- Pay off at least $10k off my car.
- Improve my memory and commitment to projects.
- Take up at least three physical activities on a weekly basis (like yoga, kickboxing and… i dunno, something else)
- Get 400-500 pts worth of Uruk-Hai ready for my first LOTR game at the end of February. Play is to be at the Northern Knights games club in Thornleigh.
- Finish agro-dive-imports.com.au. This is a client project that’s been going on for some time, it’s time to wrap it up. I got a really good go on this last night, and hope to have most of it completed end of the week, with client feedback and minor style tweaks.
- Get registrations completed on mymodelcase dev site.
- Find a place to move into with P
- Start yoga classes
- Pay off the car
- Buy a house
- Take P somewhere beautiful, either Fiji, or Thailand.
Thursday, January 15th, 2009 | Anything | 59 Comments
You’d probably think from the title of this post that maybe I had had some catastrophic accident, allowing me to greet death face-to-face, but no that’s not it at all. Recently in my spiritual travels I’ve witnessed what some refer to as “the source”, the source of all creation, existence in it’s primitive yet wildly misunderstood and brilliant form, or at least I think that was what it was.
My good friend Orion some time ago spoke about a point during his meditation where he was approached by a bright, white light. From the sounds of it, this is very similar to what people experience when they die, or at least pass over for a few moments. I too have now experienced this briefly, but not as part of a meditative practise (which is why to me this is so interesting).
I was at my desk a few days ago and was very heavy in thought, trying to figure out how best to attack the current problem I was handling. My thoughts settled on a particular plan of attack but seemed to get stuck on one particular aspect of the solution. As I focused more intently on what the solution could be I seemed to “space out”, and completely lost track of my train of thought. However, rather than try to bring myself back I simply let go and stared off into nothingness. Moments later, I was greeted by a white spot in front of me which grew brighter, and seemed to be nearing before dissipating again, as quickly as it came. As soon as it was gone, I strangely felt excited, my heart was racing and yet I was perplexed… What was that?
Will talk to my friend Orion shortly regarding this, as well as a few others.
Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 | Anything | 78 Comments
After having quite a few problems getting this working (with multiple versions of java and eclipse), I found this article: http://howflow.com/tricks/install_rails_development_ide_aptana_radrails_on_ubuntu_8, which made my life a hell of a lot easier. Check it out if you’re having problems.